This is Grayson's third year playing basketball at the Y. But, the first year they have kept score. Going in to today, his team this year had lost all 13 of their games. They have maintained a good attitude about it. And -- for the most -- Grayson has had a lot "individual success." He plays hard and has improved so much in all aspects of the game. Several of the boys have.
They only had six players today, so he only got about a 3 minute break. The team they played today played hard. About 12 jump-balls were called, and way more fouls than ever...and there could have been even more (both ways). Grayson shot two free throws in the first half. He has never made a free throw. Never. Not in a game, maybe not even in practice. Most kids at his level can't -- it's pretty far shot. He usually air balls it. But he gave it his all and hit the rim both times. Chris (he coaches) and I were both super impressed. They ended the half tied, 2 all.
In the second half Grayson intercepted a pass, ran down to his end and attempted a layup. He missed, but the kid on him fouled him (one of four fouls called on this kid). So, Grayson got two more free throws.
I wish I would have had a camera. He was so focused, so determined.
He made the first one.
I don't usually get too vocal, but I cheered pretty loud that time.
Grayson looked at his Daddy...obviously thrilled.
He got the ball again. Again, so focused, so determined.
He made the second!!
I cheered again...and may have even teared up a bit.
The very next time his team got the ball back he went right down the court he made a basket to now put his team up 10-6.
The rest of the game was pretty intense. The other team had the ball as the clock was running and I was so afraid they would score and tie it. These boys deserved a win...
And today, they got one: 14-12.
Grayson finished with 6 points (including 2 big, unexpected free throws).

He made the first one.
I don't usually get too vocal, but I cheered pretty loud that time.
Grayson looked at his Daddy...obviously thrilled.
He got the ball again. Again, so focused, so determined.
He made the second!!
I cheered again...and may have even teared up a bit.
The very next time his team got the ball back he went right down the court he made a basket to now put his team up 10-6.
The rest of the game was pretty intense. The other team had the ball as the clock was running and I was so afraid they would score and tie it. These boys deserved a win...
And today, they got one: 14-12.
Grayson finished with 6 points (including 2 big, unexpected free throws).
4 comments:
love him!!!
congrats, grayson!
how exciting!! future shocker!!
I bet he was just beside himself with excitement. Go, Grayson!
Woohoo! That's awesome!
Post a Comment