Thursday, March 8, 2012

10 Minutes of Chaos.

Today was one of those days where either everyone was quiet and happy. Or everyone needed something all at the same time. This is just one example of that...
One of my boys had an accident overnight. And since it had been a while, so I washed all the boys' bedding. After lunch we were in their room making the beds. Micah was happily crawling around and playing. Reed was bouncing between playing and helping. Grayson was being a great helper. Tate all of a sudden got a tummy ache. That tends to happen when I ask him to do something, and he can be pretty dramatic. He can't help too much with the bunks yet, so I told him to go lay on the couch.

Things were going smoothly. Especially for that difficult job. Then things took a turn for the worst. Apparently Tate's stomach really did hurt. I was holding him on the floor of the bathroom because he couldn't even stand up. I look down the hall and Reed is asking for help putting the cover on the night light. He didn't wait for help, and ended up busting the bulb.
That was a loud pop.
Glass everywhere.
Tate screaming on the bathroom floor.
Grayson trying to keep a now very unhappy Micah
out of the hallway and the glass.
I ran to get the hand held vacuum to clean up the mess.
10 minutes later...
2 boys were in bed,
1 boy was quietly reading,
and 1 was quietly nursing.
Strange day.

Other happenings today...
Micah discovered kitchen utensils.
He seemed like he grew up overnight today. Seriously, the way he was interacting with everyone and the things he was getting into (he climbed up onto the fireplace!!) was just so suddenly different, older.

The boys' blankets didn't come out of the dryer completely dry. So, I hung them over the top bunk. Grayson was very concerned. I told him they just needed some time and air.
"Tate, blow on them!"
He yelled.
That still wasn't good enough. So, all by himself he emptied the dryer. Brought the blankets back to the laundry room. Loaded them up, and started the dryer.
Our dryer is pretty deep. :)

While he was doing laundry I was making Quesadilla Casserole.
Thank you, Pinterest.
I think it was a hit!

And, just for fun. Yesterday Chris put up Micah's new swing. He loved it!
Too bad it was cold and snowy today.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

oh man I give you props, I think Mason is a handful but you do so well with 4!

Mason loves swings like that too

Michelle said...

What a day!! Happy Friday! On that recipe, did you use the McCormick spice pack or her recipe below that?

mommyjoymarie said...

Michelle, I just used my spices from the recipe. It was sooooo good!