Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Where to start...

Just to give you a feel for what the last few weeks have looked like, here are a few of the things we have done since December 12...

*Family Christmas Celebrations with...
My parents and siblings
Chris' mom and sister and her family
Chris' dad and sister and her family
Chris' step-mom's family
Chris' mom, grandparents, aunts, uncle, cousin and sister and family
My grandparents, parents, aunt, uncle and cousins
And, of course, Christmas morning with just our family. :)

*Church Christmas program

*Finished up Grayson's basketball season with three games

*Four Shockers games (I think)

*Hosted a Christmas party for the Worship Team

*Found out Chris' Grandma B was given just a few days to live

*Grandma B passed away December 29

*Nearly all of Chris' family was in town, a few stayed with us, and all (about 30) came over for dinner on New Year's Eve

*We attended her funeral and burial on Saturday, January 2

*Chris went back to work on Monday after 11 days off. I started taking Christmas decor down and catch up on laundry

*School is in session again, after a break so long, that I am a bit embarrassed to admit its length...

I was going to do this before, but blogging, reading blogs, checking Facebook and emailing sorta went by the wayside the past few weeks. So, Amy stole my idea before I could get too it. :) Over the next few days I am going to post snap shots of our "Christmas season." Hope you enjoy this extension of Christmas cheer!

Here's one to start us off...
Stockings are a big tradition in my family. I thought I had shared the story of our stockings many times, and was just going to link to one of those. But, couldn't find it anywhere! So here it is...
My birthday is in October, so my Grandma (my dad's mom) thought I needed a stocking and made me one. Somehow mine led to my entire family getting one...aunts, uncles, cousins...everybody! To date she has made at least 63, and I know she has a few done up to the name...ready for whatever spouse or great-grandchild may come next!

If we would have gotten our act together, this was going to be our Christmas card...

2 comments:

Amy said...

You've been busy! I don't know about stealing ideas... it's just that great (and busy) minds think alike. :)

Michelle said...

Wow! You have been very busy! I'm sorry for your family's loss of Chris's grandma.