Friday, March 12, 2010

Remember Us?

I bet you've all been wondering where I've been...not sure what to do with yourselves (whoever "you" are) without me! ;) I have had a few people ask, just family. But, in case anybody else missed me...I'm back. I hope.
Here are my "excuses"...
Didn't know what to blog about...
(even though life is crazy around here.)
New computer has made it a bit less convenient to download photos...
(pathetic, I know.)
I was sick for over a week...
Reed and Tate have been sick...
(we are all better now, minus Chris who is still hanging on to a bit of a cough.)
Chris and I went out of town for a four day weekend!!


Anyway, I won't try to "catch-up," here are some highlights of what we have been doing around here lately.

Chris turned 30!! (Yes, it was Feb 14...I'm so bad!) I am so blessed to have in my life and so are the boys. As part of his gift we made him a huge card.

Reed likes to do everything the "big" boys do.

Yesterday we had some fun in this tunnel. Can you see all three boys?

Grayson discovered he could stand up in it. Then, Tate would "feed" him random objects.

They are getting so big, so fast.

Chris and I went to St. Louis for the MVC basketball tournament and cheer for the Shockers!! This is our 5th year. The tournament is Thursday - Sunday. Only the bottom four teams play on Thursday and it is a "you lose, you're out" tournament.
Year 1 - Shockers are ranked #1. Lose in the semifinal round on Saturday (their second game).
Year 2 - Shockers have to play on Thursday night due to a low ranking, the win, then lose on Friday.
Year 3 - We took the boys. The Shockers again played on Thursday night. And lost.
Year 4 - Shockers win on Friday. And then lose on Saturday in a pretty heartbreaking and somewhat questionable loss.
This year they won on Friday and Saturday!! We actually watched the championship game for the first time! They lost, but so much better than any other year.
We had a great time, but only took this one picture!
We enjoyed more basketball games, some shopping, sleeping in, yummy food (including cheesecake!!) and just spending some time together.

3 comments:

Mark and Julie said...

Thank you so much for posting!! It made my day! I have been in bed for the last two days with this sciatica thingy! So it was nice to smile. Love you, Aunt Julie

The Rouse House said...

I've missed you :) Your new layout is cute! Glad you're feeling better and had a good time in St. Louis!

Michelle said...

I've been missing you too!! I keep checking and am happy to see you finally posted something!