Thursday, February 5, 2009

Life With Boys...

is LOUD!!!! Please, you other mothers of boys, tell me it's not just my boys! :) They are either playing nicely, yet loudly, together...or, wrestling, fighting over some toy or other issue, again loudly! I am dreading what the noise level will be in another year or so. :)

Here are a few things we have been up to. My sister and brother-in-law were in town over the weekend. Chris, Mark, Grayson and Tate all went to the basketball game on Saturday, so Julie, Reed and I took a walk. I left the bigger stroller in the van (with Chris), so Reed got to try out the umbrella stroller...

It wasn't as cold as I thought, so we unbundled. He loved being able to look around!

Sunday night towards the end of the Super Bowl the boys got a little restless. Out came the Super Man cape (and 3-D glasses from the game)...

If it isn't loud, it is high energy...

Tate's make-shift cape, my nursing cover, jumping off of a little stool (not the arm of the couch)...

Boys also like to make silly faces.

Chris' sister, Tami, gave us this Rescue Hero toy that her son outgrew - we have had it for over two years. It was in Grayson's room at the old house, and has been in the toy room since we moved here. Last night was the first time I have seen them play with it! You would have thought it was brand new!

7 comments:

Karma said...

Nope, its just your boys. My 3 boys are quiet and calm. ;)

Actually it progress from that to WWW Smackdown wrestling, drum sets, engines, stereos, gross bodily noises and just random yelling. Doesn't change much, the volume just increases. I keep telling myself that one of these days I'll wish for the noise and chaos back. Of course, in the meantime I've lost partial hearing. That comes in handy too!

Valerie said...

Yes, I know about boys...they don't get quieter with time either!!

Rescue Heroes...we used to have those and that exact toyset! The Rescue Heroes cartoons are pretty good too. I kinda wish we'd saved them now!!

The Rouse House said...

This is why our boys get a long so well, they're identical!

And if you get a girl in the mix she's just as loud, only more shrill!

Here's to many more days of loudness!

Anonymous said...

You are not alone! This house of boys is extremely loud! I find myself saying, "inside voice's" quite often....it never works! Just wait until Reed joins in the fun:)

Jamie

Michelle said...

Your house sounds just like mine! High energy and loud playing or high energy and loud fighting. The only silence is when they are both asleep! :)

Heather said...

Nope, it's not just your boys...I have a girl in the mix, and OHHHH is she just as loud. I love the capes, and the in flight shots! The silly faces made me laugh! You have such cuties!!!

Unknown said...

Your boys are SO CUTE! I'm glad I got to give you a hug a few days ago! Amy does a swell job on hair, eh?