Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Randomness

Everyone seems to be doing 25 random things about themselves...so I thought I would join in. Only (like Valerie) I have some random things I have been meaning to post for a while, but on their own aren't much of anything. Here we go!

1. Chris likes to sing to Reed. And, just about every time he does, Reed joins him! This isn't a great example, but the only one I have on video.


2. This morning Tate wanted a guitar pick that Grayson was playing with. When I asked him why he wanted it he said, "because Grayson has it!"

3. I am tired of the "w" word...why?

4. And coming up with an answer for the "w" word!

5. Grayson has only gotten out of his bed two nights since my post last Monday about sleep. And only one night did he sleep in our bed. :)

6.The past two mornings I have been woken up by two little boys laughing and singing IN THEIR BEDS across the hall. So sweet. And, I get to lie in bed and listen for 10 minutes or so!

7. Speaking of singing. Grayson and Tate are little obsessed with "Awakening" by Switchfoot. I have a video of them singing, playing "guitars" and jumping on the mattress downstairs. But, it won't upload!!!

8. The boys love to "build a house" in the sunroom (and downstairs with the couch cusions). This is apparently what a house looks like to a 2 and 4 year old.

9. Yesterday they were arguing over what to do in the above house. One of them wanted to watch tv and the other wanted to listen to music. There is neither a tv nor any kind of music player in the sunroom...but you would have thought there was by how "heated" the argument got.

10. Tate asks me almost every day where grandma is. If I say at work he then asks, "what work?" If I say at home he asks, "what home?" I'm never sure how to answer..."her's" is what I usually say. It doesn't seem to satisfy.

11. I slept horribly last night. First I couldn't get to sleep. Then I had several pretty crazy dreams!

12. I am constantly amazed at the amount of laundry I do. I took this picture the other day. Keep in mind that these baskets were nearly empty three days before this and there is a load in both the washer and dryer!

13. Last night I found myself in somewhat of an ironic situation. One of Chris' favorite meals is breakfast for dinner. It is also one of the most difficult and stressful things for me to prepare, especially with a crying baby and two boys running in circles through the kitchen, dinning and living rooms.

14. I desperately wanted to get out of the house today. I told the boys we were going to eat lunch with grandma. Then Tate's stomach started hurting so bad he would not even stand up, so we stayed home. After we ate he was fine. I wonder if it was hunger making his stomach hurt.

15. We got a wii for Christmas from Chris' mom. I am amazed at how quickly Grayson has picked it up. Not only can he navigate his way around and chose different games, but he can play!! He is especially good at boxing, playing at a "professional" level now. Again, there should be a hilarious video that will not upload.

16. He has already been "grounded" from the wii for two days.

17. I got Chris the first season of "Chuck" on blu-ray for Christmas. It is about a guy who unknowingly becomes a crucial "asset" of the CIA and NSA - and he can't tell anyone. There are two undercover agents sent to protect him and he finds himself in the middle of some pretty crazy missions. I am a bit embarrassed to admit that we have already watched all of that, AND caught up with season two on-line. We are both a little bummed that we have to wait all the way till Monday to see the next episode.

18. Chris and I have actually been (fairly regularly) using the treadmill we bought right after Tate was born...it feels good!

19. This week we will try to give Reed some formula so I can pump once a day. I need to stock up for our FOUR DAY trip to ST LOUIS in FIVE WEEKS!!! Can you tell I am excited?!? But, at the same time I feel guilty...1) for giving him formula when I am perfectly capable of nursing him, 2) for leaving them (especially Reed) for four days, and 3) that this is the first time I feel this conflicted about leaving. Those three things make me feel like a bad mom and that I should just take Reed with me. But, part of the point of going is to take a break. So, that would be counter productive - and my babies don't sleep well when not in their bed!

That's it!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

1- the video of Reed singing is so sweet and precious
2--Mommies can take needed breaks and should not feel guilty (however I always struggle with it too)
3--Koen hates formula, but loves pear juice, just an FYI
4--Give the boys a few blankets and let them make forts too! That would be an awesome fort room!!

Glad you are getting more sleep!

Heather said...

Chris and Reed singing is just to precious...that just made me smile watching them.