Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kindergarten

This may be the first time I have mentioned this here. I'm not intentionally hiding anything. Some things are just better left unsaid (or "unblogged") for a while I guess.

We have decided to homeschool and Grayson started kindergarten this week! He has been beyond excited and begging to start learning. We started doing a calendar at the beginning of the month so we could count down days every morning. That way he wasn't always asking me when school started. :)
Monday was the big day. He was ready.
(I love that he is barefoot in his "first day of school picture"!)

Of course, Tate waas ready to "play homeschool" too!

I started this week partly in hopes of getting a few weeks in while Reed was still taking a morning nap. So, of course he chose this week to just plain stop taking two naps. :)

We have set up our "classroom" in the dining room.

There is a lot of coloring, cutting and pasting invovled in kindergarten. :) I was very impressed with Grayson's cutting skills. He really hasn't had much practice (especially since the incident).

On the first day of school we learned that on the first day God created light and dark.

After school we played.
Chris and I bought the boys some new clothes over the weekend.* They wanted to change when I showed them. Grayson is starting soccer soon. So, every day he has to "practice."

And, of course Tate can't be left out!

*BTW - Chris and I had a kid-free weekend to celebrate our anniversary!! Thank you to Aunt Julie, Uncle Mark, and Grandma! We slept in, ate out, did some shopping, and just relaxed. It was a great weekend!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy first day of kindergarten! Yah! We aren't officially being the school year till the week after Labor Day Weekend. We've been doing school a couple days a week all summer so Ethan wouldn't be out of practice. Andrew is excited to be starting preschool in a few weeks!

ThisIsMyLife said...

How exciting! We considered homeschooling but I wasn't sure if I had the patience :) So, awesome for you! I just started blogging again...it's been great catching up on your family again! Hope all goes well with school!

ThisIsMyLife said...

...btw, this is erica :)

Karma said...

Kindergarten is the best! Enjoy your school year. Now...off to help with biology, algebra, and geometetry! (and by help I mean tell them to get busy!!)

The Paulsens said...

How great! Congrats Grayson on starting school. Doesn't seem possible. And sounds like an awesome anniversary weekend - that would be my choice of gifts too - no kiddos!

Paula said...

I'm with Karma, kindergarten is the funnest! I'm looking at Civics, Chemistry and Beginning Spanish! And yes, when I help it is to crack the whip also! hehe

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! I can't wait to be in your shoes, Joy! :-)

Jill

Laura said...

I'm so glad that you're homeschooling!! The pictures are wonderful. I especially like the first day pics. :)