Thursday, May 21, 2009

Right of Passage?

I guess it has to happen at least once in every family...

Grayson and Tate wanted to cut this morning. As I handed him the scissors Grayson said,
"I am going to cut my hair."
I looked him straight in the eyes and said.
"Do NOT cut your hair. ONLY cut the paper."
...


After a little while he came to the kitchen and said, "Do you like my hair?"


It really doesn't look too bad in the pictures. I had to take a couple to even get it to show up. That could be because of the blondness of his hair! But, there is a pretty significant chunk of hair missing in the middle of his head.
I didn't get too upset (about the actually cutting, not the flat out disobedience), figuring that Chris would be upset enough for the both of us.
He just laughed.
And, said he wanted to get Grayson's hair buzzed anyway.

When Grayson was on the phone with Chris,
this is the side of the conversation I could hear...
"But, it was fun...watching the hair fall down in my face."
...
"It doesn't look funny to me...I looked in the mirror."

(What does it mean that one of my first thoughts when figuring out what had happened was..."get the camera, this is a perfect blog post!"?)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh wow. I don't think I would have handled as calmly as you did! None of ours have cut their hair yet, but it's bound to happen. I'm thinking Abigail....

drea :: dre of white stables said...

Lol That's the only reason I took a picture of Sydney's hair in the sink a few days ago! Must be the age?!