Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Veggies.

My friend, Heather, works for a local Christian radio station. She called me yesterday morning and said she had free tickets to Veggie Tales Live!! We had talked about going, but even bringing it up made Tate pretty scared. If you know my boys, you know they don't "do" mascots. But, I really wanted to go. When she called I knew we couldn't do the evening performance, because of soccer games. So, that meant the 1:00 show. I called around to see if I could get someone to come with me, but didn't have any luck. I knew that if one of my boys started to scream there was a good chance all of them would. I also knew there was a good chance that Tate wouldn't even want to walk in. I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with all of that. But, how can you pass up free tickets...even if it is in the middle of nap time. So, I decided to brave it. Praying the whole way that it would be a fun afternoon.
And...it was!!!

Tate walked right in, and followed me down to the second row with out any trouble!
Waiting for the show to start...

Bob and Larry

It wasn't until we got there that I figured out our tickets included a chance to meet Bob and Larry. I mentioned it to the boys at intermission. They immediately said they didn't want to. But, by the end of the show they were excited about it!
They all gave Bob and Larry high-fives!
A big step for them all!

Thank you Heather!

No comments: