Wednesday, September 8, 2010

School Days

I just realized I never posted about our fun field trip last week. Oops! I'll get to it soon.

We are adjusting to our school "schedule." I am so not a schedule person! But, I know it is important to have some routines in place. I made routine and chore charts for the boys. They are flexible, which was the point of making my own. On some days we just chuck the routine
and that is ok. :)

Here are some pictures from today...

Two boys and one super hero hard at work.




I got several of these puzzles from the teacher I student taught for. Thank you Mrs. Johnson! The boys love them! Grayson and I had fun separating them all out a few weeks ago (they are all color coded on the back). And, today they each put one together. Reed got a little assistance, but I was surprised with how much he could do on his own.



Before last week Grayson and Tate were not getting along so well. Most often playing turned into fighting of some kind. Now, after school they play till lunch. Then, after lunch till nap time. Yesterday I didn't hear anything but laughter coming from wherever they are. Well, that, loud music and drumming when they were practicing for their "concert." Such a blessing!! Reed even follows them around sometimes and they are pretty good at including him. Today Grayson even asked when I was going upstairs so he and Tate could have some
"alone play time."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Grandpa Penna:

Thanks for doing this so faithfully. It is always a blessing and makes my day. What sweet, precious boys you have. Someday they won't want anybody saying that about them!!

The Paulsens said...

Too cute! How nice they can be playmates - only took a few years, right?! Soon Reed will be involved too :)