Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sleep

Funny how your perspective on how a day is going to go can change in an moment. At least mine did this morning.

First Micah slept through the night!!!!! He slept from around 10:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m! I felt great when I woke up and as I nursed him back to sleep. I was excited about getting a few quiet moments after he went back to bed and before the other boys woke up.

(I should mention now, that all three 'big' boys are in one room. I'll post pictures at some point and explain why. For now, just know that this is their third night together.)

Just as I was about to get up to put Micah in his bed I heard a door open and saw Tate appear. At 6:15 a.m. He shut the door, then opened it back up and reappeared with Grayson. I motioned them into my room, thinking they could watch some TV and I could still have some quiet. The next thing I know, Reed is calling for me.

I went from very optimistic about the day and feeling pretty energetic to dreading today and feeling tired. Not a great way to start the day. Yesterday they were all up at 6:30 and I had to work really hard to deal with them being cranky without being cranky myself. I don't want another day like that.

It turns out, Grayson is waking up first, and waking everyone up. Kinda on purpose. I wish I knew why he is waking up. We have had a couple late nights, and he doesn't nap.

Here goes another day with a tired 2 (nearly 3!) year old...

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Andrew liked to wake Ethan up for awhile till I finally told them who ever woke up first was not allowed to wake the other! Cranky boys makes for a cranky mama!

Kalinda said...

Boy, can I empathize with this post! It's great when the baby sleeps and all but it sure helps when the older kids sleep in a bit, too. Hopefully Grayson will soon start letting his brothers continue to sleep even after he wakes.

Karma said...

It was at this point when my kids were little that I started working on my kid-in-a-bed-with-a-lid invention. It never caught on...

Haven't been on your blog in a while. It was fun to catch up on all that's going on. Such cute blond boys!!