Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Kitchen - Finally!

The kitchen has been done for several weeks. But, I haven't had it all clean enough for a picture since then - I am going to pull out the new baby, two little boys excuse here! After all the boys were in bed tonight Chris helped me clean it up and get some pictures. So, now you know my kitchen doesn't always (pretty much never) looks this good! But, I am loving spending time in here - which is good, since I spend quite a bit of time here!!

Here are the before pics.





And, after...




This is a close up of the back splash. We also took the cook-top and vent, and cabinet below out. As you can see, we put a slide-in range and microwave instead. Chris added the extra touch of putting the back splash here on the diagonal.

This is taken from the living room. That cabinet to the left of the fridge was added after the (tiny) stove and (ancient) microwave we removed.

We also have a mantel now! I can't wait to hang stockings on it...



7 comments:

Paula said...

LOVE IT! Love the lighting, the counter tops, everything! It's so fun to spend time in a kitchen that you just love! I am happy for you!

drea :: dre of white stables said...

Your kitchen looks GREAT!!

Laura said...

Ooh, it's so pretty! I love your cabinets.

Laura said...

Ooh, I like it! I love your cabinets.

Lauren said...

I love the new kitchen! It's beautiful. Tyler and I want to re-do our kitchen (we bought the house with the intention of remodeling the kitchen). Did you do the work yourselves or did you hire someone? It seems like the hardest part would be ripping out the old cabinets. I really liked the kitchen in the house that you flipped too.

Valerie said...

Absolutely beautiful!

mommyjoymarie said...

No, we didn't do the work ourselves - a friend of my dad (who is very reasonable) did the wood work and he gave us the name of someone who did the counter tops and sink (also very reasonable). We didn't tear out the cabinets, just replaced the doors and added the knobs and pulls! We did tear out the cabinets in the "flip house," but I think Chris might say it was kind of fun!