Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School.

"too cool for school"


I am giving myself some much needed grace.
Today was far from perfect.

But, this kid...
started first grade today!
He only complained once about the many distractions.
When we were done I thanked him for his patience and apologized that it took so long today.
His response..."it only took a minute...not long at all!"
(It actually took close to two hours once we were all done!)
Then he helped pick up all the toys his brothers got out while he was working away.
And, because of that,
I think we can do this.
I know we can.

Grayson thought Tate should hold up a zero, "since he isn't in any grade."
I think I'll need to do more preschool with Tate than I originally planned.
He so badly wants to do what Grayson is doing.
But, seemed excited about doing his own school.

Reed is right in the middle of everything.
Sometimes that is just fine.
Hopefully though, we'll find some things to keep his attention...
for a few minutes at a time so I can give some undivided attention to Grayson.

It was a little windy this morning.

Much better !

I failed to get a picture of the boys in our classroom/play room,
but this is what it looks like.
A family friend gave me that table. It is perfect for when all three boys need/want to be there at the same time. And, I moved some things around to give us more floor space. On the wall you can't see is a cork board we will be using for a time line sometime soon. I'll try to get some pictures of that up as we work on it.
Those circles are fun. The white ones are dry erase. The black are chalk board. One of them has the month and date. Not sure what we will do with the rest just yet. I plan on having Tate using it to practice letters at some point.

*Side note: I wasn't planning on "dressing them up" for pictures. Because, hey, we are at home! Gym shorts and T-shirts are usually being worn! But, Grayson picked out his outfit all by himself...(his words) "because this is what people wear to college." So, I got the other two in button-up shirts and they all have on their new shoes.

5 comments:

Renetta said...

Absolutely precious!!! You will do great this year, as will your boys. Good luck!

Tami said...

happy first day of school!!! i wanna know where you got those circles! ;-) let me guess? target - of course!

Sarah said...

i love the windy picture!! how cute :) your boys are adorable

Laura said...

Cute pictures! Your school/play room looks great!

Michelle said...

Yay, first day of school!! Cute pictures of the boys!