Monday, September 29, 2008

My Last Day...

being pregnant. Unless, as my sister-in-law was so kind to point out, (you know I love you!!) this baby doesn't make his appearance until October 1! Here's hoping that doesn't happen!
In a desperate attempt to sound somewhat positive...let's just say today could have gone a whole lot better. First, my kitchen didn't get as complete as I would have liked. I only have one side of my sink, and no dishwasher. Then, last night I made a list of just a few things I wanted to get done today. Well, NONE of that happened! My heart raced every time I tried to do anything. So, only the essentials got done. You know, feeding the boys and me, changing diapers, wiping a certain young man's bottom (who is coming down with something). When I was forcing myself to try and get something done I had two little shadows. When I was attempting to rest I had two little visitors in my bed (as well as one all night last night). Then, Grayson woke Tate up an hour early from his nap which led to a total meltdown of all three of us! Which then led me to wonder if I can really handle one more! Too late, I guess!
I am really looking forward to sleeping at the hospital all by myself tonight - maybe with a little "help." Maybe that was God's plan all along - giving me a good night's sleep before labor and delivery! I am also looking forward to having Chris at home for the next week and a half or so. But, most of all, I'm looking forward to spending some time getting to know this little guy that has been tucked in my tummy for 9 plus months!

3 comments:

The Rouse House said...

Your last sentence gave me goosebumps!

"For you created me in my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
~Psalm 139:13-14

Amy said...

We're praying for you all and are anxious to hear news of the newest little family member!

The Paulsens said...

Can't wait!!