Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Kind of Country Livin'

Sorry Karma, this post had to wait because some of the pictures I needed were on Chris' computer. I still have a headache. Wanted to see the chiropracter, but she is out of town until Monday. So, I am hoping and praying this headache doesn't hang around all weekend.

Anyway...I don't think I could ever live in the country. I don't like creepy, crawly creatures that come along with country life. I like having neighbors that I can bump into. But, I really like have some of the benefits in my own backyard.

This is our backyard. Especially when the trees are full, it looks like we are in the middle of nowhere! They line the entire back of our yard and all the neighbors' yards too. Saturday we enjoyed some baseball...

T-ball...

And, chewing on some toys.

Monday morning the boys and I saw two bunnies hopping all over the yard. And, two ducks waddling through the neighbor's yard...

Tonight we even saw a mama duck and six little ducklings. I was quick to point out to Grayson how closely they stayed to their Mama! :) We also like to watch the squirrels jumping from one tree to the next - the cute creatures of "country life."

And, the best part of my kind of country livin' is just past those trees...the road that, if I get on it, leads me to Target in about 3 minutes!

As far as creepy crawly things go, this is all I worry about right now...

These fake bugs (there are all kinds of them) are often left on the floor. I am not looking forward to the day that the boys realize it might be funny to purposefully leave one out for Mommy to find.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Exterminators are great. :) You've got a great yard and some adorable boys!

Karma said...

I don't like creepy crawly things either! My boys like leaving fake bugs in the butter, or my makeup, or taped to the toilet, or in my underwear drawer, or on the computer keyboard. The more I freak out the more they will do it.

I do miss having stores so close by. Derby has a Target now so that is great.

Hmmm...I see that city slickers have ducks in the yard and not the house!

BTW...love living out here but HATE camping!!

Paula said...

How fun for you! What a great back yard for the boys to romp and play in! And the habitat is great!

Now . . . I don't like the crawlies either. Something I have found is that if they are real, especially with eight legs, spray them with hairspray first - gets them all sticky and they can't move real good. Gives a great opportunity for the big "squish!"

Heather said...

what a beautiful yard...looks like the boys had fun. I don't even like the fake kind of critters...the boys left a lego ant on the floor, and I about had heart failure the other night when I came across that thing! EEKKK!

Michelle said...

I totally agree with you about not liking the country living! I am a city girl!