Monday, October 26, 2009

Atlanta: Day 1, 2 and 3...

I had so much fun on me weekend (plus!) getaway! I enjoyed every moment...starting with my first plane ride all by myself. I listened to music and started a new book. Don't know that I will finish it, but it was nice to have some quiet time to read. Renetta and Isaiah picked me up at the airport. My bag was the first one out, right when we got there!! Then they took me to the Hard Rock Cafe to meet Adam (Renetta's husband) for lunch.

I really enjoyed spending some time with Isaiah without my boys around...although, he probably would have preferred that I at least bring Tate. :)

Ready to start the "real" fun!

After dropping her little guy at home (with a sitter), Renetta and I headed to the mall! We shopped until we could carry no more. It didn't help that we had started at Bath and Body and stocked up with their sale. Not the easiest things to carry around the rest of the afternoon. :) We headed to our hotel and then ventured back out for dinner and a bit more shopping.

Renetta had the brilliant idea to find a Red Box, instead of paying the outrageous price for a movie in our room. We got our snacks, and stopped at three places to find one. No such luck. But, Adam came to our rescue the next day and reserved two movies for us and gave us directions to the nearest one! More to come...


Friday morning we slept in! Or, at least I did. I had been up since about 4:30 a.m. Thursday. So I was exhausted and slept wonderfully until almost 9 a.m on Friday! We stayed in bed and chatted while we munched on our strawberry cream cheese pastries we had gotten the night before for breakfast until about 10:30 and decided we should get ready for our pedicures.


First, we had a quick lunch at Chick-Fil-A.

Renetta surprised me by paying for my pedicure as a birthday gift. We went to a school, so an instructor had to check our feet before and after. He was interesting to say the least. Complete with a pink streak in his hair and a pink rat tail all down his back! :) But, we still had a great time. The ladies doing our feet were so focused on that they didn't talk much, or really pay any attention to what we were talking about!



After our pedicures we headed to mall #2. Angie had sent me with a card for Renetta and myself to open together. She had given us each a gift card to Starbucks. While we were shopping we used them to get a little mid-afternoon pick me up...because we had been working so hard. :)
Thank you Angie!

While we were shopping I spotted these gloves that reminded me of Michelle, so I snapped a picture!

Friday night we went to the Symphony. Renetta had found tickets that included dinner at the restaurant there. It was delicious! And, nice to not have to find a place to eat, parking for that and then parking for the concert. Plus we got caught in a ton of traffic - not expecting that heading IN to the city. So, our 11 mile trip took about an hour!

The usher told us to "get your picture taking out of your system ladies..." after we took this one. Made us 30 year olds feel like teenagers. :)

After we got back we watched Hannah Montana. :)

Saturday we drove about an hour north to the North Georgia Premium Outlets. We did too much shopping to take any pictures. ;) We headed back to Renetta's house for Saturday night and our other movie, My Life in Ruins.

Come back to find out what we did Sunday morning before I left!

5 comments:

Kimi said...

Looks like you had a blast! So glad you made it back safe!

Michelle said...

Fun fun!! What a great girly weekend! And I do love those gloves!

Laura said...

Looks like you had lots of fun, but I bet Chris and the boys are thrilled to have you back! :)

Paula said...

What a fun time! Can't wait to read more!!!

The Rouse House said...

I just read your two Atlanta posts. What an amazing time!! So glad you enjoyed your cup of coffee :) I'm so glad you two were able to enjoy some relaxing time together! I was thinking of you.