Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

We took a little road trip and went to Walter's Pumpkin Patch today with some friends. It was so much fun! This place has so much to do, we could have spent all day there! My mom kept Reed, so it was just me and the "big" boys.

First, we saw how tall we were...


Then, we hopped on the tractor ride down to get some pumpkins.

The perfect pumpkins! At the other patches I have been too it seems that they pick the pumpkins and then put them in an empty field. These were still attached to the vines. And, he shard some educational info on how pumpkins (and other goards and things) grow while he passed some around for all the kids to hold.

This is Grayson about to go down the underground slide. It starts at the top of a hill...

...and comes out at the bottom. :)


Tate (and I) climbed the hill three times before he worked up the courage to give it a try. He loved it and I am so proud of him for doing it.

Then it was on to one of the barns where they had a BIG box of corn for the kids to play in. They had a blast!


Next was the Jumping Pillow. Grayson loved it. Tate wanted everyone to stop jumping. ;)

I was getting Tate's shoes on when I heard someone say, "Oh, no, he is rolling into the mud!"
It was Grayson who was doing the rolling. You see, the whole pillow is surrounded by dirt. Wet dirt is muddy. And, Grayson says he thought he was rolling toward the middle. :) This picture doesn't even really do it justice.

On our way to get our lunches we saw the trikes. I don't know if you can see it, but Grayson thought this big trike was quite hilarious!

Tate had a hard time finding one his short little legs could reach.

After lunch we played in the tree house for a bit and then headed home. It was a great day! Thanks, Michelle and Katie and families for joining us!

1 comment:

Renetta said...

That looks like a blast!