Friday, October 2, 2009

He's Three!

October 3, 2006
Tate Joseph

Tate, at One

Tate, at Two

Tate, at Three

Another busy day here! The birthday boy (AKA, the early riser) was up and at 'em at 6 a.m. sharp! He watched some Blue's Clues, then daddy took him to get some birthday donuts...and, yes, he did share some with the rest of us. :)
(Chris had to remind me I needed three candles, I had only gotten out TWO!)

Then, it was present time. We have never done gifts in the morning...it felt a bit like Christmas! :)
We got him some Lego sets (daddy LOVES to play with legos too!), some "Cars" dominoes, and I made him a "Toy Story" fleece tied blanket. I'll have to get a picture up another day. But, he loves it! Grayson had a soccer game, so we headed out to a fun game. Then, it was McDonald's for lunch...
He was pretty happy...

And, he discovered that he can climb up this way all by himself. He was excited and so proud of himself.

A few words to describe Tate...
Three.
Second Son. Little Brother.
Big Brother. Loving. Outgoing.
Kind. Silly.
Strong Willed. Helpful.
Cheerful. Thankful.

I love this little boy to pieces. He seems to have grown up over night, though. I am blessed to get to be his mommy. He brings me such joy every day - that is what his name means after all!
Happy Birthday to my Tater Totter!


To know Tate you really have to see him in action. Here is one of my all time favorite videos of Tate...




And, a few pictures of Tate third year!
Enjoy...and come back tomorrow (or Monday) for pictures of the big party!


3 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday, Tate! Everything looks like it's fun with Tate! I wish we were able to spend more time getting to know him. Maybe soon...

Kyle said...

Happy Birthday, Tate!

The Paulsens said...

Such a good video! Happy Birthday boys!