Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Another Day

Just a quick update while both of my nappers are napping...at the same time for probably about 20 minutes today. Better than yesterday. Tate didn't nap at all.

Anyway, some good things happened today. I was very nervous about going to the specialist this morning. Chris went to work early and came home to go with us. Yes, we all went. The nurse came and unwrapped it. The doctor came in, looked at it and called for the nurse to come wrap it back up. He said all we can do now is watch it. There is a chance that scarring may be bad enough to require surgery - if he can't keep his fingers stretched open. At this point it is hard to say what will happen. There is very little chance of infection though. We are supposed to put vasoline on it two or three times a day and keep it wrapped. He can even use it if is doesn't hurt. He gave us some things to watch for, but otherwise we will go back to him next week.

Please pray that surgery would not be needed. And, that his blisters would not be painful if they pop. So far he has rarely complained about the pain, or not being able to use his hand.

On another good note Grayson and Tate have been playing together exceptionally well today. This morning after breakfast they disappeared into their room and played TOGETHER with out FIGHTING or anything for the better part of an hour!! And, they did the same thing after lunch.

I didn't sleep much, or very well last night. So, this may not make much sense! Sorry!

9 comments:

The Rouse House said...

I hope your night is better. We'll be praying for Tate. Things like this are so emotional, you're thankful it's not any more serious but it's still very scary. Love ya!

Laura said...

Awww, Tate is such a trooper! I'm sorry you guys are having to go through this. We're praying for little Tate!

Hope ou get some good sleep tonight!

mommyjoymarie said...

If you are reading the in a reader or something like that make sure you go to the blog to see my edit. I originally asked for prayers that Tate's blisters would pop and be painful. Obviously I didn't mean that! Told you I was tired. :)

Anonymous said...

Your poor little guy! I will definately be praying that it heals up good on it's own without surgery! Burns are so scary! I'm glad for you that he is doing so well with it! When you mentioned that it is the thumb he sucks, I gasped....like the mother of three thumb suckers would:)

Valerie said...

I am glad for the encouraging news. We will be praying that no surgery is needed. Thanks for keeping us posted...I've been watching!

drea :: dre of white stables said...

Thanks for the update. We're praying!

Paula said...

Poor Baby, Poor Mommy - Hang in there! They always seem to handle their pain much better then we do!

Karma said...

Sometimes I think these things are harder on the parents than the child! Praying for all of you!!

Heather said...

awweee, sounds like you are all being troopers. I'll be praying for you all! Hope he recovers quick!