Tuesday, March 10, 2009

St. Louis

We had a great trip! First, some of the more simple things I appreciated...
1) Eating several meals without a baby on my lap and my plate far enough away that he can't reach it.
2) Sleeping until I woke up on my own!
3) Uninterrupted conversation.
4) Not loading and unloading three little boys in the car if I wanted to go somewhere.
5) And, of course, time with Chris!

Chris found a deal for some front row tickets on eBay the day before we left. We were able to sell our other seats (in about the 30th row) and the games that we ended up not going to. Here we are enjoying our view!

To show you how close we were...

Thursday night...a victory!

Friday evening...I took this picture when I thought they had won.
BUT...due to some "issues" with the clock in the last 15 seconds or so, and especially after this picture...
the Shockers lost by one. VERY disappointing.


Saturday morning we toured the Cardinal's stadium. You can see the Arch in the background.

Other than that we did some shopping, in a nice mall and a nice downtown area close to St. Louis. We were going to see a movie, but the timing didn't ever work out - and we have yet to find a good theater there. A friend from college lives just outside of St. Louis. On Saturday night we checked out the coffee shop where he works and was having a fund raiser. All in all, a good time...especially compared to last year!
Thanks to Suzie, Grandma, Renetta, Aunt Julie and Uncle Mark!!! We couldn't have gone without you guys - and knew that the boys were in great hands!

5 comments:

The Rouse House said...

Looks like a great time!!

Amy said...

Looks like fun. And GREAT seats!! Too bad for that loss though.

Karma said...

I'm glad you were able to get away together!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you had a great time together!

Laura said...

Looks like you had a great time!!