Reed got his first taste of some cereal yesterday...

He got a couple of bites down, helping me with each one.

And, another first today...
A first trip to the ER for an injury.
I was making lunch this afternoon. It was a bit late, so Tate was getting a little cranky. I had him sitting on the counter beside me - something I do fairly often, either that or on a chair beside me. I took the pot off the stove to drain it. As I turned around I said, "don't touch that, it is hot." The next thing I heard was
sizzling.
I.feel.awful...
I know I shouldn't have had him there.
Chris took him to the ER and I stayed home with the other boys. He has a second degree burn and it is all wrapped up. He has to keep the wrap on until Monday when I have to take him to our doctor.
A first trip to the ER for an injury.
I was making lunch this afternoon. It was a bit late, so Tate was getting a little cranky. I had him sitting on the counter beside me - something I do fairly often, either that or on a chair beside me. I took the pot off the stove to drain it. As I turned around I said, "don't touch that, it is hot." The next thing I heard was
sizzling.
I.feel.awful...
I know I shouldn't have had him there.
Chris took him to the ER and I stayed home with the other boys. He has a second degree burn and it is all wrapped up. He has to keep the wrap on until Monday when I have to take him to our doctor.

He has been such a trooper. Chris said he did great in the ER - especially after a shot of morphine! My mom came over with some new puzzles and he has been loving them. He attempted to play basketball and rested a PS3 controller on his hurt had while he "played" with daddy (daddy plays and he thinks he is too, but his controller isn't on). He started to get a little cranky about the time that the doctor had said the morphine would wear off. He told me it hurt while Chris was out picking up his prescription. After he took it he was back to his normal goofy self - well, maybe a bit more goofy!! I thought he might have trouble at bed time, because that is the thumb that he sucks! Turns out the more important part is the tag of his blankie that he rubs on his upper lip. Maybe this will help to curb the thumb sucking.

5 comments:
My poor nephew!
I saw it on FB and immediately wanted to run and hug on him!
I think Tate would be even *more* fun on morphine! Heck - we would ALL be more fun on morphine!
LOL!!!
Give him a big hug from Auntie Tami! Maybe a play day this week? Ash and Austin are on Spring Break this week, but are leaving for Missouri on Tuesday morning. Any chance you wanna come play on Monday?
This was a long comment... maybe I should have e-mailed!
I have to say I wouldn't be too impressed with cereal either Reed, but you'll get the hang of it!
Poor Tate!
Sorry Tater! I would feel awful, too, but unfortunately that's one of those things most kids have to find out for themselves... Don't beat yourself up about it.
I can't tell you how many times I've had my kids right at the stove with me. This happens to the best moms in the world! I had my first trip to the ER also with a head gash! Instead of Kash, we now call him Krash!
Ouch! Poor Tate!
Post a Comment