Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Reed!!

Reed is 6 months old today - providing I get this posted by midnight. It is getting late, and there is a chance that won't happen! And, no body will be reading this on the 30th...so I guess I should say Reed was 6 months old yesterday!!!

I have been meaning to post a few things about him for a while, but keep forgetting...

First, Valerie pointed out to me on Sunday that I haven't mentioned Reed's teeth. He has had his two bottom teeth for over a month now! I noticed the first one coming through one Friday morning, and by the end of the weekend both were all the way through! I have tried to get a picture of them, no such luck :(


Next, I had been a bit worried about Reed not rolling over. Well, be careful what you wish for. He started rolling over in his sleep (and, thus, waking himself up)...in the wee hours of the morning, in the middle of naps. Fun. Well, he is now rolling over while awake and I managed to catch it on video the other night.



And, he is sitting up! After he got tired of rolling over I thought I we would try. The last time I tried he was a little less than successful. This time he sat up on his own FOREVER!! Now, he is pretty much a pro!

I am pretty sure he is working on those top teeth now, so he has been a bit cranky. But, for the most part he is pretty happy! He is really starting to like playing in his exer-saucer. And can be entertained for quite some time just watching his brothers. Tonight he was on his tummy and I put some toys just out of his reach. He was very determined to grab those and just about did an army crawl. I have a feeling it won't be long before he is mobile!

P.S. I posted before midnight! :)

5 comments:

Valerie said...

He is sooo cute. I love his cheeks, jowls (whatever they are called). Those teeth are adorable. David and I were surprised to see them when he smiled at us! Koen has NO TEETH yet, is trying to crawl (he can go backwards) and rolling is "so yesterday", he mastered it and then just QUIT! He is trying to pull up on things...the couch, coffee table...I am NOT ready for that though! :0

Laura said...

Reed is so cute! I love those cheeks. :) Good for him sitting up! That seems really early. I tried putting Noah in the Bumbo the other day, and he's not ready for it yet. I'll probably try again in a few more days. I think it says 3 months, so he needs to get on it! Just kidding. :) Maybe I'll show him Reed's picture to inspire him.

Michelle said...

What a cutie! It doesn't seem like he should be 6 months old already!! Time has gone by really fast!

Anonymous said...

what in the world?! 6 months?! how did that happen? he obviously did NOT ask permission ;)

that last picture reminds me a LOT of christopher. there is a pic of him in grampa t's ball cap (he was in a play-pen)...

mommyjoymarie said...

Laura - I LOVE the Bumbo! Did you have it with your other babies? I think Reed was closer to 4 months before he started really liking it.
And, no Tami, he did NOT ask permission! :) I keep asking Grayson if he wouldn't mind just staying four forever - he is not too keen on that idea. :)
Valerie - I am so not ready for the pulling up and getting mobile stage either. Especially with two big boys likely to run him over! How do you handle that?