Monday, March 16, 2009
Update on Tate
I took Tate to the doctor this morning. Our doctor is out of town for spring break, so we saw a different one in our office. As if the burn itself isn't enough he started experiencing a side effect of the pain medication...his stomach hurt all morning. So, between that and having people mess with his hand it was quiet the morning for him (and mommy). I am so thankful that my grandparents were able to keep Grayson and Tate...it would have been awful with all of them. Anyway, all that for the doctor to tell me we need to see a burn specialist tomorrow morning. All he said was that it was good that the blisters (pretty much his whole hand) were still intact - no worries of infection. And, I'm pretty sure at least twice he said, "that's a pretty bad burn!" I hadn't seen it after Chris and he left the house on Saturday and was not prepared for just how bad it looked. Pretty bad. Still, through it all he did so well. He pulled his hand away once or twice at the beginning, but then let them finish unwraping and then wraping again. There were tears, but after she was done wraping it he said, "I did a good job." He has been pretty much back to his normal self since. I'll let you know what the specialist says.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I thought of your trip to the doctor when I called to ask about my sinus trouble. Why do things happen when he's gone?! What a brave boy though!
Hope everything turns out to be no big deal with the burn specialist.
Post a Comment