(and today would be one of those days)
I kinda wish...
I had little girls
who
played quietly with dolls
or
peacefully made food in their play kitchen
or
enjoyed a nice calm tea party.
Instead of
boys
who
ran with boundless energy through the house at 7:00 in the morning
or
wrestled and splashed loudly in the bath tub
or
turned anything into a sword or other weapon.
But, as I typed this
those same boys
ran upstairs to change into their "basketball clothes"
so they could
play basketball together
and
sat on the couch and sang me a song
and made me
laugh.
I think I'll keep my boys
and
can't wait until the little one
is big enough to join in all the
NOISE
and
FUN!

8 comments:
Girls are NOT quiet! They shriek and run and make huge messes, too! But of course I'd never trade them, either! =)
Girls are definitely not quiet and I just have to tell you I cleaned up nail polish and make up off the walls! But I have both and I can tell you that my girls are just as tough as the boys! Sometimes more so! I love them all and you have the cutest boys!
This is such a sweet post!
Who told you girls were quiet and calm? They AREN'T!!! They play girly stuff, loudly, have high-pitched singing voices and cries, have dress-up parties (which means 5 outfits times 3 little girls= laundry), 'cuz they never can find their original clothes! I've had little boys and littlr girls...they are equally dificult while equally loveable too! :) Sorry, no greener grass over here! Plus I have 2 times the kids...wanna compare noise levels...I have a teenager!
ahhhh, what a sweet post! I agree with Valerie, girls are just as noisy...in fact Jenna is nosier than the boys combined. It's those amazing moments that make you smile and go wow, I love every crazy minute of this!
I love your post! I understand what it feels like to ponder the other gender...I wonder if I had boys, would there be less [i]DRAMA[/i]? Or less [i]whining[/i]? But even if there were, I would miss the girlie squeals and giggles, and run-by kisses...so I agree. In the words of my daughter's preschool teacher "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!" :) Here's to loving the kids God gave us!
i loved this post and have to agree with everyone else. girls are not quiet at all....all their high pitched sqeals and screams and whines...sometimes it's a bit overwhelming. i do have to say thay boys do seems to have more energy when it comes to rough housing. i babysat a little boy for quite a while...loved him to death, but had a hard time getting used to everything being a ball that needed to be thrown. gotta love them all! they are all so precious!...even if they sometimes make you want to pull your hair out :)
I love this post! In the craziness, I too wonder what if I had girls instead. The fantasy in my head is also that little girls are quiet and sweet!
Post a Comment