Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Morning

I was going to split this up, but decided just to go for it! We have had a crazy busy week...so grab some coffee and settle in for a long read! :)

Our first family gathering of the week was Monday night. My family has always had smothered burritos at Christmas time -that is the short story. I won't take the time to tell you all about that. This is one table of us. My dad says we can't add any more family members because there won't be any room!
At the other table was my parents, grandparents and boys!

Tuesday we went to Chris' mom with his sister and family. We had a great time. So great that we forgot to take many pictures!

Wednesday we went to Chris' dad's with his step-mom's family. We forgot the camera! But, we had fun there too!

Now, Christmas day!! For the first time we spent ALL morning at home and I made a yummy lunch. We opened gifts in our PJs, ate breakfast and spent the morning playing. It was so relaxing!

The boys in their PJs that they had opened Christmas Eve - one of our traditions.

Reed enjoyed his gift from Chris' mom while we opened our gifts.

But, he did get in on the action a bit. We got him a cool mat for "tummy time" that grows into sitting up too.

Grayson and Tate got GeoTrax - a train and an airplane!


On Christmas Eve I put together a Baked French Swirl Toast Casserole, so it baked while we were opening gifts - it was soooo yummy!

I kept lunch simple so I could enjoy the morning. Chris always get a ham from work - all I had to do was heat it up! Green bean casserole - my favorite. And, stuffing - I also did most everything for that the night before.

Thursday evening we went to my brother's with my family. Again, more fun with family!

What a smile...

And, all of us (minus my aunt and uncle).

Friday morning Chris' dad, step-mom, brother and sister (and her family) came to our house. We opened gifts and enjoyed brunch. This Wake-Up Casserole was very yummy!

Ashleigh and Austin got sling shots.

Abe is just too cute not to take a picture of!

Some of the "little ones" helped Grandma open her gift.

And, that brings us to tonight. We headed back to Chris' mom's along with his sister, grandparents and aunts and uncle. The kids drew names and adults did a white elephant - it was again, fun!

Tate fell asleep as we were running errands before we went to Grandma's

Grayson wanted his picture taken too!

Grayson was very excited about his hoops game.

And, Tate had fun with Grandpa's big chair.

I can't get enough of this little guy!

If you have made it this far - thanks! Hope you enjoyed a glimpse into our crazy busy, but fun-filled week!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas week!

Heather said...

looks like you had a busy, but fun time! Love the pic of the boys together with their stockings...how sweet!