(I had a video, but couldn't get it to upload - I'll try later!)
The boys and I mixed and baked cookies yesterday. We had fun! This was one of the few pictures I took. It took all my hands (and some extras would have been nice) to help four little hands make cookies without making too much of a mess! :)

Today we decorated them. I thought this would be more fun than it was. We started shortly after Reed went down for his morning nap. About 5 cookies in Reed woke up. We took a break to nurse Reed. Back to decorating. About 5 more cookies in both Grayson and Tate were done. Reed was not content and appeared to still be sleepy (he had woken up an hour earlier than "normal" this morning), so I put him in his bed. He continued to cry off and on as I finished to cookies - in a hurry. Grayson and Tate wondered around getting into all sorts of things and begging for me to go downstairs. Their toys they got at one of our family Christmas celebrations were downstairs - and they don't like to be down there without me. Anyway, here is the finished product...


They aren't as pretty as Amy's, but here are my disclaimers.
1) I didn't make the icing to make things easier.
2) I was using kid-friendly spreaders.
3) I was rushed and distracted.
4) We aren't sharing these (partly due to all the finger and cookie liking!), so I wasn't going for perfection!
And, 4) I bet at least some of her's will look more like this next year as she gains a little helper! :)
Oh, but they are (in my opinion) some of the tastiest cookies I have ever made! I don't know what I did different, but they seiously are. We'll see what Chris says when he gets home.
The boys did enjoy eating some of the leftover icing...

We are super busy this week with family get togethers! So, watch for more pictures to come. And, I'll have time to post as the boys will be occupied with all their new toys - as they have been all morning (minus the cookie decorating)!
1 comment:
Joy - It's late Christmas day and I
am wearing off a Diet Dr. Pepper! Hope you had a fun day with your family and enjoyed a "slow down"!
Blessings~
P.
Post a Comment