Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our Week

It has looked like this since Monday evening...

And, I hear we are supposed to get more this weekend. The boys' and I went to a dentist appointment on Monday for Tate. He chipped a tooth on the bath tub, but all is ok! Tate and I went shopping last night, but the trip to the dentist has been our only day time outing all week!!!!! We are a bit stir crazy. Plus, we have had two late nights (in a row) this week which just hasn't helped anybody.
Add to that the ever constant (seemingly) battle with getting Grayson to sleep, it has been a long week. I have officially given up on naps for him - at least every day. But, Tate sleeps in their room (may be changing soon) and he won't go downstairs without me. I need some quiet time that I haven't gotten this week. He is still (save one night this week) making his way to our bed at night. So, I wake up to him right in my face, and he is right there ALL day! Today I made him rest as punishment for his attitude all morning. He fell asleep. I decided to take a nap. He called for me right as I was falling asleep, but when I got to him he was asleep. So, back to my nap. He woke up just as I was falling asleep again...which just makes me more sleepy.
Tate has been extra tired and cranky too. He has been sleeping late, taking long naps...and is still sleepy! He follows me around whining for me to hold him all day. Usually like this...
The blanket and thumb are a big indicator of being sleepy.
Reed is sleeping great!! Twelve hours at night and at least two good naps. He has been quite a bit more fussy this week though. I think he is going through a growth spurt...he is pretty much only happy when eating or sleeping. :)
One highlight this week was having some over night guests. Our neices, Amy and Anna stayed with us Tuesday night through Wednesday evening. Tuesday was one of our late nights. But, once we got them to bed - all four in the same room - we didn't hear a peep out of them until 8:00 on Wednesday morning!! Wednesday we were all a bit tired, and things were pretty low key. Here they are enjoying breakfast in the sunroom...
I think little people at little tables are too cute!
(I did get Anna's hair out of her face shortly after this picture. I am not used to having to worry about that! :))

4 comments:

Tami said...

That's funny. Anna actually made a comment about you doing her hair.
And I just wanna know why my kids sleep better at everyone else's house?! :)
Thank you again - so much! - for adding to your chaos by watching the girls. We knew they were in good hands!

mommyjoymarie said...

That may be because I had to put her "clippy" back in her hair about a bijillion times!! :)
And, I think you kids sleep great...even at your house! Plus, they could be making up for Ashleigh and Austin who woke me up way too early every time they stayed with us at that age!

Heather said...

i like the little people at the little table too...those make the best shots! Your backyard makes a perfect snow scene...how pretty!

Laura said...

I'm a little jealous of the snow! Sort of. :) I'd like to have snow once or twice a year. It's supposed to get to 75 degrees here today. We had a picnic at the lake with no jackets or anything a little while ago! It definitely doesn't feel like Christmas, but it is nice not to have to mess with getting coats on and off of everyone.