Monday, December 15, 2008

Dedication and Bumbos

We had Reed's dedication on Sunday. And, ours, I suppose. We committed to train him in the way he should go, so when he is old he will not turn from it. This verse (Proverbs 22:6) has given me comfort. I am a bit intimidated at the idea of having teenagers. I have been challenged by this to put in some hard work and prayer now, so that my boys will stay on the path we start them out on. I know we all have choices to make, and there is no guarantee that they will never stray. But, I want to give them the best opportunity.
Here we are listening to Stuart. He is our pastor, for a few more weeks. He was Chris' youth pastor, and mine for a bit (the last few months of my senior year). He did our marriage counseling and officiated our wedding. He and his wife (Suzie) lead the small group(s) we were a part of for years. He has done the dedication for all three of our boys. We have a big adjustment in our future as he and his family move on to whatever God may call them to do!

And, one cute one! Reed doesn't really have the head control to be completely ready for his Bumbo seat. But, he will love it when he is! We sat him in it for a quick picture...

4 comments:

Heather said...

Read looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

My nephew (who is 5 months old) has one of those chairs...those are awesome!

Amy said...

Reed looks adorable in his bumbo. Cooper never liked his. (Good thing it was borrowed!)
Cooper has that same OshKosh outfit in gray! So comfy.

Michelle said...

What a cutey!